G5 Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced freelance Editor for our games.
The editor will communicate a lot with game teams, proofread text for our target audience - players from North America.
The editor should do a monolingual review of the translated text. A linguist's job is to check for all language errors (spelling, grammar, punctuation, style, etc.) and correct them. They should also keep translation length within character limits (specified in column Smb Qty.) and shorten it if needed.
• American English native speaker.
• 3+ years' experience in written translations or casual games editing (hidden objects games or match 3 games).
• Confident PC user.
• Skills of working with CAT tools (ready to upgrade skills).
• Willingness to perform test tasks.
• Completed higher linguistic education.
• Ability to provide constructive criticism
• Able to communicate effectively across multiple teams, with excellent communication skills.
• Editing, proofreading the speech of characters, UI, narrative and marketing texts in English on the gaming theme.
• Verification of the terminology consistency and compliance of the text with the glossary.
• A passion for games, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture.
• Strong storytelling skills.
• Proficiency in Russian.
• Resume (PDF Preferred)
• Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at G5 and position
- What games you are currently playing
- Information about the games you worked on before
• Primary Location: United States
• Piecework pay.
• Timely payments.
• Access to a huge number of projects.
• Permanent download.