Have you always dreamed of doing what you love and enjoying your work every day? We invite you to the G5 Entertainment team! Let's develop and create better games together :)
G5 Entertainment AB is a Swedish mobile game publisher and developer. 20 years ago we became the first mobile developers in the CIS and since then we have been leading the game industry. We develop games in the genres of Match-3, Hidden Object, Mahjong Solitaire. Our portfolio includes 20+ world-class f2p projects, including Hidden City®, Jewels of Rome™, Mahjong Journey®, Homicide Squad®, Jewels of the Wild West™, etc.
We are looking for a candidate for the following position:__2D Character Artist (R&D Team)_ remote)
What you’ll do:
- Search, develop and test new stylistics and character designs: we are looking for a visionary who can bring a new vision of game graphics to the company’s projects;
- Working in a variety of styles, mostly casual;
- Work on visualization of draft concepts for new games in close cooperation with related departments (Game Design/Narrative).
- Gaming development experience (at least 5 years);
- High level of expertise. This means that your approach to work can be called systematic, and regardless of the task you can achieve a predictable result of high quality;
- Ability to research art relevant to the mobile game market, to offer a variety of stylistic options and argue their choice;
- Extensive experience in different styles. Ability to switch between different styles and find the best stylistic solution in the absence of clear references;
- Extensive experience in character design: the ability to convey a character’s temperament and story through proportions, costume design, pose, and emotions;
- Independence—we expect your need for technical feedback from the art lead or art director to be minimal in the process of completing the task;
- Excellent communication skills: you have to be able to express yourself clearly and reasonably, both in written and oral forms;
- General visual art skills: lighting, form, conveying the characteristics of materials, etc.;
- Confident use of 3D as a full-fledged conceptual tool;
- Russian language - at least upper intermediate.
R&D Team — a small team of highly skilled artists, who find and test new styles for the company’s projects. You are not expected to have skills in dozens of various styles, however it is very important for us that you are ready to become part of the creative process aimed at finding new visual solutions in commercial graphics. This role is ideal for you if you prefer to develop your creative and research skills rather than participate in a flow production of art.
What we offer:
- Work for a Swedish company with a portfolio of over 20 global free-to-play (F2P) projects;
- Participate in the full product development cycle;
- Grow your career with an international company;
- Official/contract employment;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Full benefits package;
- Comprehensive, company-subsidized medical insurance;
- Educational programs in English/local languages with highly qualified instructors;
- Relocation program to help you organize your move and keep costs down;
- Earn bonuses from project revenue for the teams you're involved in;
- Performance share program for key employees;
- R&D Project Development: opportunities for creating your own project within the framework of the company;
- Paid conferences, trainings, and workshops;
- Internal training platform (educational webinars for all specializations within the company);
- Fun and educational hangouts/master classes;
- Attend our annual internal TeamUp conferences abroad;
- Participate in charity projects;
- Free exercise classes.
Want to join our team and start developing games that are played by millions around the world? Then send us your CV and refresh your email more often so as not to miss the letter from our recruiter :)
More about G5 Games: